I love travelling and I would volunteer for the role of tourist any day. But I also love playing tourist in your own city so I thought I'd write a little note to remind you to do that from time to time as well.
I have a lovely friend visiting this weekend and strolling the streets I sometimes take for granted makes me realize why I love my chosen city of residence so much. Its' little nooks and crannies - shops and cafes. They have character, they can be conservative, but if you look in the right places you'll find what you love.
I love that I know the best places to get a great salad, an amazing carrot cake cupcake, mouth watering ice cream, the best cappuccino, a wholesome yet delicious tofu sammie...and little things like that that make my day when I first stumble upon them.
I love knowing my city, and I mean really knowing my city. It took years, and when I remind myself of it like I did this weekend while hosting someone else, it makes me appreciate it all that much more.
Go play tourist.
n.
No comments:
Post a Comment