I may be obsessed with Christmas and all things related, but I promise I won't go there in October - at least not in public anyway.
Joyeux Noel is actually a movie that I saw a number of years ago but for some reason it came to my mind today and I thought I'd share because, even years later, it still moves me. This movie was so well done, and it was so touching and equally heart breaking.
It is based on true stories from WWI; it's Christmas Eve and the Germans, French and Scottish take a break from trying to kill each other and sing songs, exchange small treats, and actually end up in a game of football. There is clearly a story intertwined in all of this as well, but really what I remember to this day is the singing. One voice turned into voices from all sides and I'm pretty sure there wasn't a dry eye in the theatre.
Rent it and count your blessings.
n.
No comments:
Post a Comment