Friday, October 7, 2011

Le Nordik

I just booked an afternoon at the Nordic baths for myself and some good friends and it reminded me how much I love Le Nordik. Again, I apologize for all those not living in the Ottawa area, but this deserves a visit whenever you are visiting.

Le Nordik is a spa that is located at the entrance of Gatineau Park. Beyond getting any type of spa service, what makes this place unreal is the Nordic baths. A series of hot, warm and cool environments that invigorate and calm at the very same time. And beyond the feeling of the bath sequence is the actual setting it's in - outdoors and in the woods, surrounded by nothing but trees, peace and calm.

It's best to do the Nordic baths in the cooler months - sitting outside in a hot tub after running through a freezing cold water fall after coming from an extremely hot sauna...heaven. Plus, you can curl up in your robe outside and warm up fireside. Red cheeks, your breath hanging in the air, I'm relaxed just thinking about it.

www.lenordik.com

n.

No comments:

Post a Comment